Sunday, September 22, 2013

Seriously...it's almost October already!?!

So, my intentions for this blog were to blog at least once a week and then life happened and I have become completely absorbed in other areas.  So, 2 months after my last post, I am going to try to give this a good go again and stay on top of this.

 Summer Camp
Over the past few months, God has definitely been working in my heart!  At the beginning of August, my family and our dear friends, the Adolphs, went to Iowa Regular Baptist Camp in Ventura, Iowa for a week.  All of us (except little Levi Adolphs) had been to this camp before, but never with the other family members.  I was a little concerned about a few things: 

1. Would I get any sleep on the bunk beds we had to sleep on?  With back pain and a wonderful new bed, I was very worried I would not sleep and would be a coffee guzzling, short-tempered mama. 
2. Will we be bored after doing everything right away?  When I have gone to ladies retreat and mother/daughter retreat, we have done most of the available activities in one afternoon.  How in the world were we all going to survive a week?
3. Would my family and the Adolphs be friends after this week?  One full week staying in the same cabin with our friends was a new experience for all of us and we were all a little unsure of how the week would go.

Did I sleep? After one night of difficulty, my body was so exhausted each night that all of us were able to get good sleep! The beds may not have been like home, but they did the trick and we were always well rested and ready to go.  Of course we did start our mornings with coffee each day, but not as many pots were made that I had first envisioned!
Each day was FILLED to the max with super fun activities! The first night included a friendly yet loud game of Beat the Parents.  All of the laughter and craziness helped us quickly realize that we were not the only ones staying in the Barn that week!  Our kind and slightly irritated neighbors below requested a quieter group above them so their children could sleep.  We quickly came up with the code words.."State Farm"..to help us remember to be a good neighbor!


The days were filled with activities!  Climbing wall fun, jet skiing, jumbo dogging, craft making, song singing, goofy golfing, swimming, game playing, ping ponging, carpet balling, squinny balling, etc..etc..etc..!  My list could go on and on and on!  Needless to say, the only way any of us would be bored is if we tried really hard!  The camp truly filled our days with amazing activities to do as families which kept us active, busy, and enjoying each other every day!





 Justin working the glue gun!









Jaylyn going for it
on the climbing wall!









Justin and Mike racing
to the top!



   Spy guys!







Ethan and Levi aiming for the top!










Barefoot Jacob flexing his muscles!





The kid crew enjoying snacks!





A little football action!





Jacob taking a leap to cool off!








As for our friendship...well, we couldn't be closer!  Our kids have formed a great bond and Justin and I have 2 amazing friends in Mike and Trisha!  Through God, we have all become such great friends for one another that will last a lifetime!  We are all signed up and ready to bunk together again next year!  We can't wait!

Through this camp, we also had the opportunity to learn daily about how amazing our Jesus is!  Through speakers both in the morning and the evenings, we were all inspired and eager to talk to one another about our walk.  One thing that remains in my heart from our time learning is that all things are possible with God and God alone!  David was a young man whom God had appointed to be king one day.  Never would David nor anyone else in his family believe that this would be possible.  As a matter of fact, his father didn't even bring him forth to be chosen from.  He lined up his strong and "king-like" boys and forgot about David.  But, God had David chosen to be the king!  David did not become king until years and years later.  Understanding that I must be patient and wait on God was a real lesson that I need daily!  Through times at work, parenting, and life in general, I want quick fixes and answers immediately.  God has taught me that I must wait, be patient and seek Him in all things because His plan is FAR better than mine!

I had concerns about camp from the very beginning, but the amazing outcome of it all was that God was ready to give us one of the best weeks of my life!  I was close to tears as we left as I didn't want it to end.  It may have been the fact that I was having to go home and cook, do dishes, and wash the unbelievable amount of icky laundry we had accumulated.  But I don't think that was it at all.  This week brought my husband and I closer than before, my family talking about God in our lives and how we can turn to Him together, and a strong friendship was built and continues to grow.  My concerns were not necessary, but I thank God I had them because I probably wouldn't have noticed Him as much if I hadn't had them!

School Starts
Another huge change in our life (primarily the reason why I haven't blogged) is school started.  Normally parents are jumping up and down in joy as their young ones trot off to another year of learning.  Yet, I have a different view on this!  I too go back to school and this means busy, busy, busy!  I enjoy spending relaxing time with my kids and waking up whenever I want to.  So beginning a new school year is not always a jumping up and down moment for me. 

Now this school year was different!  Last year I really struggled in many areas of my job.  From relationships with others to a huge and very difficult class, I did not like getting up and going to work any day last year!  When I woke up on the first day of school this year, I was PUMPED!  I had decided to turn this year over to God.  I had been working to get an administrative job, but God's plan didn't include that.  After 5 years of trying for something different and receiving rejection after rejection, I have decided to embrace this year and completely turn it over to God.  What I didn't realize by doing this was that I was going to want to get up each day and do the best I could do!  My desire to give it my all has intensified this year and I feel that God has me EXACTLY where he wants me.  I have even had multiple opportunities to share my faith and talk to others about God!  How cool is that!  In a public school system, I have talked about God! Yep, I am that girl at work!  I have a God that I want to share with everyone and I don't care if we are in a public school, I am talking about Him because He is MUCH bigger than the government that tells me no!

As for my kiddos starting off, they have struggled with responsibility of homework and getting up which has not been a pleasant situation in our home.  But, I put that in God's hands too!  He can help us each and every day to work through the difficulties and learn from them together as a family.  That feels pretty good!  I don't have to be super mom in the mornings, I have to be a praying mom who gives it to God to help me have patience!  Whew!!

Now
As for today, I am struggling with balancing it all!  Yes, this year at school is by far the best beginning I have ever had, but I am putting off things that mean more to me!  I haven't been reading my bible or doing my bible study work like I tell myself I will.  I haven't been spending time loving my family and spending time with them like I tell myself I will.  I have been coming home late because I am getting my room ready for the next day and then bringing work home to prepare myself for even more.

I need to let God help me with this!  The Holy Spirit has been telling me to get up earlier so I can spend more time with family in the evening.  This week may have to begin my listening to this!  Justin works until 6 each night and I am to get kids to and from their sporting events, go to bible study, teach little kiddos in bible club, and bake 2 cakes for a fundraiser.  As I jump into this week, I give it to Him!  As I am busy going through the day to day activities I want to do it all with grace and love like Jesus does with me each and every day!  I have 2 kids to worry about loving when my God loves each and every one of us in an intimate and amazing way!  In this aspect, my days are really not too crazy!  I just need to give my worries and concerns to Him, just like I should have done at camp, and trust that He is right there with me this week and He won't let me go!

Have a super week!  I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment